Europe's competitiveness has never been more at stake. After more than a year of battling the pandemic, European countries must prove how resilient they are and make the most of the EU's recovery fund to keep up with the pace of the global race. But how can Europe support the recovery while addressing its climate, digitalization, and trade ambitions? And what does that entail at a time when European policymakers and industry leaders are calling for a more strategic and sovereign Europe?
Taking place in Brussels and online on June 29-30, POLITICO's Competitive Europe Summit convenes high-level EU and international policymakers, industry leaders, and civil society representatives to discuss and shape the future of a more resilient, innovative, global, and greener Europe. Through exclusive interviews and thought-provoking discussions, the event tackles questions around Europe's leadership in the new world order.
Questions to be addressed include:
- How does the COVID-19 crisis impact the EU's competition and industrial policy framework?
- What does a more sovereign Europe entail? And what will be the impact on the global trade system?
- Are EU national recovery plans adequate? What measures should be taken to ensure SMEs survive?
- Are the European Green Deal and the push for a digital transformation backed by a viable growth strategy, and to what extent can they contribute to Europe's competitiveness?
- Can competition ans state-aid rules help European companies and allow European champions to emerge?