Hi everybody, this will be a live Q&A interview, so we strongly encourage you to submit your questions in advance — there’s a box called “Live discussion” with a Questions tab right here on the event’s page.
Feel free to describe your question or problem in greater detail. Robert will read it all in advance, prepare, and then explain his suggestions or advice during our interview. So the more precise and elaborated your questions are, the better the answer you may get.
– 2:00 to 2:10, introduction and housekeeping
– 2:10 to 2:25, Robert on the basics of freelancer’s business negotiations
– 2:25 to 3:00, Q&A interview, starting with questions submitted in advance
SOME TOPICS WE MAY COVER:
– Making the transition from intuitive to professional negotiations
– Recommended literature on negotiations and defence against manipulation
– The importance of having a strong BATNA position as a freelancer
– Making freelance business negotiations straightforward and more effective
– How to avoid long and fruitless negotiations as well as typical pitfalls
– Screening and probing the prospects to avoid problems and non-payers
– Reading subtle warning signals in the early stages of your negotiations
ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Robert Vlach is a senior business consultant, specialized in supporting independent professionals and business owners. In 2005, he founded one of the largest national freelance communities in Europe that is now being expanded into Freelancing.eu. In 2012, he founded Europe's first think-tank for freelancers which meets regularly in Prague and other cities. He has been holding freelancing courses for more than a decade, and has consulted on over 300 business cases with individuals, startups, and companies. His book about freelancing became an instant national bestseller and is now being sold worldwide as The Freelance Way. Robert lives with his family in the Czech Republic and Spain.